BOSS Agriculture’s Bridge (floating hitch) range of trailing planter frames have been developed to keep frame wheel assemblies outside the main frame which promotes better stubble flow and allows narrower row spacings to be achieved. Our planter frames are designed and manufactured in Australia at our facility in Inverell NSW.
Our bridge style designed planter frames are suited for both flat level ground conditions but also feature our unique flexing centre section which allows the frame to not only flex up and down but also fore & aft so the frame is able to twist over the length of the machine; this unique feature means wider machines are able to be utilised in uneven ground conditions whilst still maintaining seeding accuracy.
When operating in undulating country the flexing frame design provides superior ground following ability which allows planting row units to maintain an even planting depth whilst giving constant press wheel pressure for a faster, more even crop germination. During transport the stability of the machine is greatly improved as weight is evenly distributed on all wheels. The flex design also means that frame stress and fatigue is minimised for a longer frame life.
Bridge trailing planter frames are constructed of 100 x 100 x 9mm RHS with plated joints on both the top and underside of the frame to ensure maximum strength & durability. The proven frame design built with experience ensures no dead weight is carried with all cross members load carrying or supportive, this allows for some flexibility with row spacings and provides better access to row units for servicing. The frame lifts very high making servicing and general inspection of row units easy.
The BOSS range of bridge planter frames are available in a variety of seeding widths & configurations including single fold & double folding designs.
Bridge Trailing Planter Frame Features
- 3 or 4 Bar designs available
- External frame wheels
- Rear mounted press wheel options
- Unique flexing sectional frame
- All pivots are fitted with replaceable spherical ball pivots
- Hydraulic saddles are used to carry all hoses
- Laser cut identification on drawbar end for all hydraulic hoses
- Saddle provisions for air seeder hosing
- 2 stage parking jack
- Laser cut hydraulic hose keepers provided when unhitching machine
- All hydraulics hoses are protected with spiral wrap in rub prone areas
- Parking stands
- Optional toolbox, handwash tank & drawbar basket